Skip to main content

Describe an enjoyable evening you had with your friends - IELTS Good Score

    Four friends enjoying an evening together at a popular outdoor night market in the city centre - IELTS Cue Card

Describe an enjoyable evening you had with your friends

IELTS Good Score

You should say:

  • When and where it was
  • Who you spent the evening with
  • What you did
  • And explain why it was enjoyable

Here is IELTS speaking part 2 cue card band 8 level model answer for:

Sample Answer:

I would like to talk about an enjoyable evening that I spent with three of my university friends, Anuj, Rahul, and Prisha, about two months ago. 

We had just finished our final semester exams, so we wanted to go out and celebrate the end of our university life.

We decided to go to a popular outdoor night market in the city centre. It was a very vibrant place with lots of bright lights, live music performances, and different food stalls selling local street food. The atmosphere was incredibly lively and energetic.

We did a variety of activities that evening. First, we walked around the market and tried different kinds of local dishes, like spicy noodles and grilled desserts. 

After eating, we went to a bowling alley that was located right next to the market. We played two games of bowling, and it was extremely fun because we were teasing each other about who was the worst player. 

Finally, we sat down at a quiet coffee shop nearby to talk about our future plans and look back at our college memories.

This evening was particularly memorable for me because it marked the end of an important chapter in our lives. 

Since we were all moving to different cities for our new jobs, we knew we wouldn't be able to meet up like this regularly anymore.

It was a perfect blend of fun, laughter, and emotional moments, and it is a memory that I will always cherish.

IELTS Speaking part 3:

The examiner will ask questions related to the topic of your cue card.

1. Do you think kinds of leisure activities are different today compared to the past?

Answer:

Yes, definitely. In the past, people mostly engaged in outdoor activities or physical games like football and cricket with their neighbours. However, nowadays, leisure time is heavily dominated by digital technology. Most young people prefer playing online video games, scrolling through social media, or streaming movies on platforms like Netflix instead of meeting face-to-face. While modern entertainment is more convenient, I believe past generations had a more active lifestyle.

2. What are the benefits of spending time with friends compared to spending time alone?

Answer:

Spending time with friends is highly beneficial for emotional support and stress relief. When you share your problems with close companions, it helps reduce anxiety, and engaging in group activities brings shared joy and laughter. On the other hand, spending time alone is important for self-reflection and personal growth. It allows you to recharge your energy and focus on your hobbies without any distractions. Therefore, both are essential, but friends provide a vital sense of belonging.

3. How do you think technology has changed the way people socialise?

Answer:

Technology has completely transformed human interaction, making it both easier and more superficial. On the positive side, instant messaging apps and video calls allow people to stay connected across long distances instantly. However, the downside is that it has reduced the quality of face-to-face communication. Quite often, when people hang out in restaurants today, they are constantly distracted by their mobile phones rather than engaging in deep conversations, which can weaken real-world bonds.

4. Is it important for teams or organisations to have social gatherings outside of work?

Answer:

Absolutely. Work-related social gatherings are crucial for building strong team dynamics. When colleagues interact in a relaxed environment outside the office, it breaks down professional barriers and reduces workplace stress. This allows employees to understand each other’s personalities better, which directly improves their collaboration, communication, and overall productivity when they return to the office.

Don't forget to bookmark this page and share it to others. Follow IELTS Good Score on Instagram and YouTube Channel for more daily cue card guides!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Describe your favourite gadget - IELTS cue card.

Describe your favourite gadget. IELTS cue card. My Favourite Gadget IELTS speaking part 2 topic. MOBILE PHONE   - What it is - Since when you have been using it - How it is useful to you - Benefits and drawbacks Sample answer: 1  ➢  My favourite gadget is my smartphone . I use it every day for a variety of purposes, including communication, entertainment, and productivity.  ➢  One of the things that I love about my smartphone is its versatility. It allows me to do everything from checking my emails to watching my favourite TV shows. ➢  Another reason why my smartphone is my favourite gadget is that it's easy to use.  ➢  The interface is intuitive and user-friendly, which makes it accessible to people of all ages and tech-savviness levels. Also, it's portable and convenient, which means that I can take it with me wherever I go. ➢  One of the features that I appreciate the most about my smartphone is its camera. It allows me to capture high-qu...

Describe Something That Was Broken In Your Home And Then Repaired - IELTS Cue Card

   Describe Something That Was Broken In Your Home And Then Repaired IELTS Cue Card You should say: - What it is? - How it was broken? - How you got it repaired? - And how you felt about it? "A Precious Family Heirloom: The Clock That Was Broken and Restored" Sample Answer:   Introduction: I'll share the story of a special clock in my home, which not only keeps time but also holds a deep sentimental value as a cherished family heirloom.  I'll recount how this clock was accidentally damaged, the steps we took to get it professionally repaired, and the emotions that swirled within us throughout this journey. How it was broken? One fateful evening, as my younger brother indulged in playing with his toy cars, a sudden mishap occurred.  He inadvertently knocked the clock off the shelf where it had gracefully adorned our home for generations.  The sound of shattering glass and the sight of dislodged delicate clock hands filled the room with a sense of distress....

Describe your Favourite Childhood Cartoon - IELTS Cue Card.

Describe your Favourite Childhood Cartoon IELTS Cue Card You should say: The name of the cartoon When you watched it Why you like it What did you learn from it Sample answer: Childhood days are the beginning days of our life. So, toys, games and cartoons means world to a child. Cartoons have been a beloved form of entertainment for children and adults alike for many decades. They have the ability to transport us to fantastical worlds and introduce us to lovable characters. Here, I would like to talk about my favourite childhood cartoon "Tom and Jerry".  I used to watch it every day after school and couldn't wait for the next episode.  The cartoon was about a cat named Tom and a mouse named Jerry who were always getting into hilarious situations.  I loved the witty humor, slapstick comedy, and dynamic animation. One of the things I liked most about the show was the way the characters interacted with each other. Tom would always try to catch Jerry, but no matter what he did...

Describe an Art Exhibition that you visited - IELTS Cue Card

  Describe an Art Exhibition that you visited IELTS Cue Card You should say: When and where you visited What the theme was What do you liked there How big was it? Sample Answer : 🔸Art has the power to evoke a range of emotions and make us see the world from different perspectives.  🔸Recently, I had the opportunity to attend the art exhibition at the National Gallery in my city , and I was blown away by the creativity and imagination of the artists. 🔸The exhibition showcased a collection of paintings, sculptures, and photographs from various contemporary artists, each exploring the theme of abstraction.  🔸As I entered the gallery, the first painting that caught my eye was a vibrant piece of artwork that was a mix of colors and shapes. The painting conveyed a sense of energy and movement that captivated me. 🔸Continuing to explore the exhibition, I was intrigued by the use of different materials in some of the pieces. One particular painting used scraps of fabric and th...

Describe about your Favourite City - IELTS cue card.

Describe about your Favourite City. Mumbai IELTS Cue Card.  You should say: - What is the name? - Where is it? - When you visited it? - Why did you like it? - What is it famous for? There are many beautiful cities in India.  They all are the centers of different activities that contribute to the economic growth of India. Thank you so much for giving me such a beautiful topic of favourite city. Here I would like to talk about one of my favourite cities - Mumbai, the "city of dreams". Last year, I went Mumbai for my holidays with my family. I thought nothing could beat Ahmadabad until I visited Mumbai. Mumbai is formerly known as Bombay. Well, it is one of the four metros of my country. It is the capital of Maharashtra. Mumbai lies on the Konkan, the west coast of India, and it has a deep natural harbor.  It is the wealthiest city of India. I can say that Mumbai is the financial capital of India.  Also, it is an important financial city of Asia. It is one of the larg...

Vocabulary for Food and Beverage.

Vocabulary for Food and Beverage.  Learn about foods and beverages to enhance and expand your English vocabulary. If you're visiting an English-speaking country, food and drink will almost certainly come up in discussion at some point. This might be in everyday conversation or in a restaurant. Stay with us to learn more about food and beverages.  Foods are divided into 4 groups: Meat, Poultry & Seafood -  chicken, sheep, pigs, cattle, eggs, fish. Fast Food  - fish and chips, sandwich, pizza, hamburger, fried chicken, french fried, onion ring, hot dog. Fruits -  apples, bananas, grapes, water melon, oranges, and strawberries. Vegetables -  beans, cabbage, potatoes, tomatoes, corn, carrots. Beverages or drinks   are liquid consumption. - Wine, Coffee, Lemonade, Iced tea, Hot chocolate, Juice, Milkshake, Tea, Milk, Beer, Soda, Smoothie, Orange juice, Lemonade, Fruit juice, Cocoa. Vocabulary for Food and Beverage : ➢ Ambrosial - something extr...

Talk About A TV Show You Like To Watch - IELTS Cue Card

Talk About A TV Show You Like To Watch IELTS Cue Card You should say: What is the program about? When do you watch it? Who do you watch it with? Why do you like to watch it? Sample Answer: • The TV show that I really enjoy watching is "Friends" . It is an American sitcom that originally aired from 1994 to 2004, but it has gained immense popularity worldwide and continues to captivate audiences even today. • What I love about "Friends" is the perfect blend of humor, relatable characters, and engaging storylines. The show revolves around a group of six friends living in New York City, and it follows their everyday lives, relationships, and the hilarious situations they find themselves in. • While I sometimes enjoy watching "Friends" alone, it's also a fantastic show to share with friends or family. Its universal appeal means that it can be enjoyed by people of all ages and backgrounds, fostering connections through laughter. • One of the reasons why I en...

Should I use a pen or a pencil in the IELTS test?

Should I use a pen or a pencil in the IELTS Exam? It is one of the most commonly asked question from IELTS students whether they should use a pen or a pencil in their IELTS test. Specially, new test taker students always have this question in their mind that Will they lose marks if they use a pen? Is it okay using a pen in the IELTS test? It will not make difference to your score or the marking criteria. The most important thing is your hand writing, it should be clear and easy to read.  You can use either a pencil or pen in the IELTS Writing Task 1 or Task 2 . It is highly recommended to use a pencil for the Listening test   and Reading test . Do not use a pen for these modules. Answers of  Listening   and   Reading sections are checked through the computer scanner and therefore, it is compulsory to write answers with a pencil for these two sections so that computers could clearly scan your answer. Moreover, mistakes to your answer could be erased and rewrite...

Describe your favourite restaurant.

Describe your favourite restaurant. Talk about your Favourite Restaurant. Favourite restaurant cue card. IELTS cue card Name and location of the restaurant. What you eat there ? Why you like it ? Talk about Favourite Restaurant cue card: Sample answer: ➢ I often go out to eat in restaurants with my friends and family. ➢   I have visited almost all restaurants of my hometown. ➢   But here, I would like to talk about my favourite restaurant "Sugar N Spice". ➢   It is located at M.G. road in my city. ➢ Sugar N Spice is the best vegetarian and non-vegetarian family restaurant of my area. ➢   This restaurant is divided into three section and all parts are decorative and different from each other. ➢   Moreover, lighting, music, tables and chairs are also different in each section. ➢   Hence, they give us a unique experience when we visit. ➢   However, it is not just the ambience and interior alone that I adore in this restaurant. ➢   The variety of ...

You are going to move to your new house, but before that you want to sell off some of your old furniture. write a letter to your friend.

  IELTS writing task 1 : Informal Letter. Question:  You are going to move to your new house shortly, but before that you want to sell off some of your old furniture. A friend of yours had earlier shown some interest in buying it from you. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter Explain why you want to sell it. Describe it. Advise him/her of the date to come and check it. Ans : Dear John, I'm writing to let you know that I bought a new house and I'm going to shift there in next 2 weeks. So, I'm selling my old furniture and piano. I bought new 3 bedroom apartment near to my work area. So, I'm moving to my new place soon, and I wanted to sell out all my old sofa set, TV, dinner table, piano and other stuffs. My new home is fully furnished and that's why I don't need these things anymore. I remember, last time you  visited to my home and you have loved the piano very much. My brother gifted it to me 4 years ago. Please come and visit me if you're still in...